Tuesday, July 30, 2019
The Line @ Shangri-La Hotel - Presents Flavours Of Singapore With Fresh Durians, Tropical Fruit And Hawker Favourites
In commemoration of the coming National Day, The Line at Shangri-La Hotel launched the Flavours of Singapore buffet inspired by the traditional street food of the 1980s. Available from 18 July to 10 August 2019, diners get to indulge in tropical fruits, including durians and retro snacks, as well as a full spread of dinner buffet featuring nostalgic food and beverage favourites from the restaurant’s 16 live-cooking stations.
The highlight of the buffet is, of course, the durians. Enjoy your fill of durians with free-flow servings of the freshly opened Golden Phoenix durian, Hong Xia (red prawn) durian and D13 durian. There are also tropical fruits, such as mangosteen, rambutan, longan and jackfruit, are also available at the outdoor stall every Thursday to Sunday.
This will be complemented with childhood snacks, including Kacang Puteh, Satay Ampai, White Rabbit Sweets, Lobster Cube Biscuit, Wheel Crackers and more.
Guests can also enjoy an enhanced buffet spread with old-time food and beverage highlights, such as the Char Kway Teow and Oyster Omelette.
We had the Bak Kut Teh which was a comforting bowl of goodness prior to a night of indulgent feasting. The rich, flavourful broth was worth going for a second round.
Prepared by Chef Raymond Yin Teng Poh, The Line’s Asian chef with more than 44 years of culinary experience specialising in local cuisine, the local highlights will be served along with a wide range of international delights. Dishes are freshly prepared a la minute, enabling diners to watch the chefs in action.
For something more substantial, go for the Seafood Paella, filled with a variety of crustaceans and shellfish, or the Braised Pork Leg with Hokkien Noodles, and Thai Style Seafood Fried Rice.
Take your pick from the scrumptious range of familiar Asian delights such as the crispy, tender Pork Belly, and Deep Fried Pork Ribs with Orange Sauce.
Not to be missed out is the local favourite Chilli Crab and Signature Black Pepper Crab using Sri Lankan Mud Crab.
Highlights include the Crustacean Bar, with its appetising display of fresh seafood. It has an extensive array of premium ocean-fresh seafood, such as the Jonah Crab Claw, Snow Crab, Clam, Oysters, and Black Mussel. These changes based on what is available.
The feasting is complete with a magnificent display of desserts, with traditional favourites of Kueh Lapis, Heritage Cakes, and Nonya Kueh. Other must-try desserts include the rich Hazelnut Royaltine, Green Tea Financier, Green Tea Strawberry, Raspberry Opera, Coffee Orange Profiterole, Coconut Pistachio Tartlet, American Cheesecake and more.
Not forgetting the exclusive durian treats such as the Durian Profiterole, Durian Cheesecakes, and Durian Coconut Cake.
- Thursday SGD128++ per adult; includes unlimited servings of local fruits, beers and soft drinks SGD 64++ per child (6 to 11 years old)
- Friday and Saturday SGD118++ per adult; includes unlimited serving of local fruits SGD59++ per child (6 to 11 years old)
- Sunday SGD108++ per adult; includes unlimited serving of local fruits SGD54++ per child (6 to 11 years old)
- National Day SGD128++ per adult; includes unlimited servings of local fruits SGD 64++ per child (6 to 11 years old)
Prices are subject to a 10% service charge and 7% GST.
Photos and words by Crystal. A girl who likes to eat, photograph, and write about food, and dreams about travelling around the world one day. Note: This is an invited tasting.
Shangri-La Hotel Singapore
22 Orange Grove Road
Tel: +65 62134398
Nearest MRT: Orchard (NS Line)
Daily: 6am - 11pm
1) Alight at Orchard MRT station. Take Exit E. Walk towards Wheellock Place via ION. Exit Wheellock Place and turn left towards Liat Tower. Cross the road at the traffic light junction and turn left towards Royal Thai Embassy. Walk down to the end of Orchard Road. Turn right onto Orange Grove Road. Walk to destination. Journey time about 23 minutes. [Map]