After trying out a few Happy Call Doubled Sided Pan recipes, I decided to challenge myself to cook something more sophisticated. I decided to make home made Char Siew! So I went to the supermarket and bought a piece of pork loin.
I marinated the pork loin and left it overnight. I realized my char siew did not fully absorb the flavours. After checking with some kitchen experts, they advised me to poke holes in the meat next time when I want to marinate. The Char Siew was also lacking in sweetness and I don't how on earth I have left out the honey in the recipe.
This is the finally product of my grilled Char Siew. I didn't manage to control the fire well and I should have checked the meat more often.
Nevertheless, the Char Siew was still very beautiful inside. Hopefully I can perfect it in my next attempt.
Recipe (By Mamabliss)
Ingredients for Marinade
- 2-4 tbsp of Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tsp Oyster Sauce
- 2 tsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp rose wine
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- A dash of Pepper
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Pork Waist or Pork Loin.
1. Mix all the ingredients for sauce. Marinate mixture with meat for 2-4 hours. Best overnight.
2. Pre-heat Happy Call Pan for 1-2 minutes. Put 1 tbsp of Oil.
3. Close pan and grill meat on low medium heat for 5 minutes.
4. Put left over marinate sauce aside for later use.
5. 10-15 minutes check meat and flip.
6. 30 minutes later, meat should be ok and remove meat.
7. Pour the left over marinade sauce into pan and thin with water.
8. Once water bubbling, turn off fire.