Thursday, April 12, 2012
Happy Call Double Sided Pan Pork Rib Claypot Rice
After my very first Happy Call Double Sided Pan experience cooking the Coca Cola Chicken Wings, I am sort of addicted to cooking cause cooking seem so easy overnight. After browsing several blog sites and recipes, I decide to try Cuisine Paradise's Claypot Rice recipe.
I did not have all the necessary ingredients as in Cuisine Paradise's recipe hence I make do with what I could find in the fridge. Instead of chicken, I used pork ribs. For vegetables, I used snow peas and Yifon assorted bottled mushrooms.
I have to admit I made several mistakes in the process such as putting in the vegetables too early. As you can see from the picture below, the snow peas have been cooked too long and turned yellow. Nevertheless, the rice turned out quite nice and has similar texture as claypot cooking method. It has the moist but yet burnt crispy texture at the bottom.
Recipe (inspired by Cuisine Paradise)
- Pork Ribs (7-8 pieces)
- Snow Peas
- Yifon Assorted Bottled Mushroom
- 2 Glove Garlic
- 1.5 Cup of uncooked rice, rinsed
- 2 Cup of water
- 1 tbsp of Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp of sesame oil (for marinade)
- 2 tsp of light soy sauce (for marinade)
- 1 tsp of dark soy sauce (for marinade)
1. Wash and blanch pork ribs in boiling water for 1-2 minutes.
2. Marinate pork ribs for 20-30 minutes with 1 tsp of sesame oil, 2 tsp of light soy sauce and 1 tsp of dark soy sauce.
3. Pre-heat Happy Call Double Sided Pan for 1-2 minutes.
4. Heat cooking oil in Happy Call Double Sided Pan.
5. Add in garlic, saute till fragance then add in snow peas and mushroom. Stir fried 1-2 minutes and remove.
6. Clean pan with kitchen paper towel.
7. Add in uncooked rice, water and left over marinade sauce. Close cover and simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes till water almost absorb.
8. Put in marinated pork ribs into pan. Close cover and cook for another 5 minutes till pork ribs are cooked through and done.
9. Turn off heat, put stir fried snow peas and mushroom into pan. Drizzle some sesame oil and dark soy sauce over the rice mixture. Close cover and stands the rice for another 5 minutes.
10. Open cover, stir and mix the rice mixture before servicing. Add in more dark soy sauce if you prefer it to be darker and sweeter.