Thursday, April 5, 2012
Happy Call Double Sided Pan Coca Cola Chicken Wings
I am into the Happy Call Double Sided Pan craze too! I have bought my Happy Call Double Sided Pan from G market a couple of weeks back and has been looking for a simple recipe to use the pan. As I don't cook so it will be challenging for me to try any recipe that involes a lot of processes or cutting.
I chanced upon Noob Cook Coca Cola Chicken Wings recipe and I thought it was rather simple and easy. So over the weekend, the Happy Call Double Sided Pan lost its virginity to a novice cook.
I had 12 mid joint chicken wings marinaded for 30 minutes in light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and sesame oil . Noob Cook recipe mentioned to marinade for 15 minutes but I double it hoping that the meat will be more flavourful.
Next I brown the chicken wings on both sides beside pouring the coca cola, water and left over marinade sauce into the pan and let it simmer until it is reduced to a dark sticky syrup. I suspect I used too much of the liquid mixture and it told more than 15-20 minutes (mentioned in Noob Cook recipe) for it to be reduced to a dark sticky syrup
After about 30 minutes... this is my final product! Coca Cola Chicken Wings. It looks yummy isn't it?
Recipe (inspired by Noob Cook)
- 12 mid joint chicken wings
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 200ml Coca Cola (no diet or flavoured coke)
- 200ml water
- 1 tsp light soy sauce (for marinade)
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce (for marinade)
- 1 tsp sesame oil (for marinade)
1. Marinate chicken wings for 15-30 minutes with 1 tsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce and 1 tsp sesame oil.
2. Pre-heat Happy Call Double Sided Pan for 1-2 minutes.
3. Heat cooking oil in Happy Call Double Sided Pan.
4. Brown chicken wings on both sides
5. Add Coca Cola, Water and remaining of marinade sauce into pan.
6. Close pan and simmer for 20-30 minutes until the liquid mixture is reduced to a dark sticky syrup. (turn chicken wings once at halfway).